Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Pack and Safety

My boots are broken in and I've been hiking and pack training in order to meet the requirements for arduous duty set out by the feds for wildland fire work. On June 6th I'll be taking the test itself and a required yearly in service safety refresher. On June 13th I head down to Douglas Massachusetts to do some crew specific training in order to work on the Massachusetts Wildland Crew. After that I should be eligible to respond to wildland events nationwide and in Canada. Hopefully the rain will stop so I can get an after work hike in tomorrow morning.....

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Glad the boots are broken in.

My Danners are taking their time, but they work, and my foot/ankle/leg likes the support.

Be safe during wildland season, willya? I don't want to read about something dumb-ass that happened during an incident. Too much of that going on these days :)

Seriously, Nick - be careful. I don't have to tell you to do well; I have no doubt you'll do that anyway...

1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home